Sunday, December 31, 2017

Two Ways to Wear Dresses in Winter







Some people really don't like wearing pants. I am was of does people. I have always worn dresses since I was a child. But now as an adult, I still love it because it looks flattering on me. I also love the easy and comfortable appeal of a dress. You can simply put it on a go. But it can get difficult in winter. These are two of my favorite ways to wear dresses in the winter time. 


contains affiliate links 


Maxi Dress Under a Sweater 


What I am Wearing 

Cato's Fashion Peacoat Similar
Glitter Scarf Similar
St. Johns Bay's V neck Sweater Similar
Forever 21 Maxi Dress Similar
Timberland Boots Similar


One way you can wear dress is wearing a sweater over it. This is one of my favorite ways to wear my dresses but in particular maxi dresses. A maxi dress is often considered a summer staple but you can pull it off in fall and winter too! When reason, why it works in winter, is that you give you coverage which is perfect for winter. Pair it with your favorite boots. Make sure the boots are ankle or even knee-high boots.  Just make sure you hem it a little if you plan on wearing flat boots.
You can perhaps add some leggings which is what I do. 





With Black Tights 






What I am Wearing 

Calvin Klein Velvet Print Dress (Given to me by a friend) Here (only one size available )SimilarSimilar
No Nonsense Super Opaque Control Top Tights Here


This is one of the things I have been doing since I was a little kid. I always wore tights with my dresses in winter. But it can still be done in a classy way now they were are all adults! Midi or knee-length dresses are perfect with tights. This dress is also perfect because it is made of a thick material that really is appropriate for colder weather. But for extra winter layering, I am wearing No Nonsense Super Opaque Control Top Tights in XL. I like this brand because it has tights and leggings in my size, their inexpensive, and they are comfortable.They also do not snag as easily as other tight brands in its price range.  The reason for it because will not look bulky. If you hate black tights try another winter color that coordinates or matches your dress.  Also don't be afraid to try bright colors. No Nonsense has other colors besides black. Carmine and Shiraz would be great colors to wear in winter. Available Here 








Linked with: