Monday, September 17, 2018

Mix and Match: Fall Wardrobe Staples

Tina's Pink Friday


Fall Wardrobe Staples

Fall Wardrobe Staples 



Total: $144.85 


How to Build a Fall Wardrobe with $150 



After reading last weeks blog post you may be wondering how do I get started building my wardrobe once I have a budget. This is why in the next few weeks I be showing how to create a fall wardrobe with various budgets. This week I am focusing on how to create start a fall wardrobe with $150 budget. I will explain why I chose each item and how to style these items by mixing and matching these five items. All of the items I featured are similar to the pieces I have in my closet or drawer.

Key Pieces 


Inorder to get the most out of the $150 I decided to stick with key pieces. Key pieces are items that can go with any color or item you may have in your closet. Key pieces that most women should have have in the closet is a cardigan, long sleeve shirt, denim skirt or pants, and black skirt or pants.Key pieces are items you just can't leave without or just love to wear. These are items you feel comfortable in. For example, I have a gray cardigan that I feel comfortable in and often find creative ways to wear it. I also get a lot of compliments on this cardigan and how I style it.


Basics



 I also included the basics which are a t-shirt and ankle boots. Basics are any item you pretty much would wear everyday. I typically wear my ankle boots almost everyday when fall or winter comes. If you do not like these basics find colors or items that you would want to have.


List of Fall Wardrobe Essentials 





1. H&M T-Shirt-  A t-shirt is a great transition piece that you can wear in summer and fall. You can dress your t shirt with a blazer or wear it with your favorite denim jacket. There are so many ways you can style this basic. 

2. Uniqlo Long Sleeve Striped T-Shirt-  This shirt is for the chiller days are for when you do not want to wear a lot of layers. You can style it with your jeans or a skirt. You can also layer it under your sleeveless dresses. 

3. H&M Fine Knit Cardigan - A fine knit cardigan is perfect for chilly days outside or in your office. You can layer on your t-shirt or striped t-shirt. 

4. H&M Denim Skirt- A denim skirt is great for the weekends or running errands. 

5. Mango Black Skirt- Perfect for work or even casual look.

6. Steve Madden Ankle Boots Since it is not quite fall yet you can get away with a ankle boot especially one like this one.




And here are a few ways to mix and match the six items on the list! 











Mix and Match Fall Wardrobe 

Look One






A casual look you can wear on a night out with your friends. 




Look Two 

Great look for running errands in. 










Look Three 


A layered look for those chilly days. 






Look Four



A layered look great for work. 












Look Five  


A great neutral look that you can wear just about anywhere with the right accessories. 




Conclusion: 

With a budget of $150 a month you can find some great fashion staples for your fall wardrobe. Just remember to stick with items you love and would look great with what you already own. Also wear items that you are comfortable wearing or will fit with your lifestyle.

 With a few basics and key pieces you can create many looks that you can wear. This shows that with a budget you can create a great wardrobe that you can wear for months or even a few years to come. 








Linked with: