Thursday, November 30, 2023

Best Christmas Music










This is post that I came up with at the last moment. I was sitting here thinking about all of the family traditions my family had and some still do this every day.  I remember that me and my family would put up the Christmas tree on the day of Thanksgiving or my birthday which ever came first.  My father would take is time testing all of the lights before he put it on the tree. Me, mom, and sister would then decorate the tree. My dad would go outside and then put the Christmas lights outside. I would help my mom but up her outdoor wealth's outside and the bows.


But one of my favorite family traditions was what would happen on Christmas day. My aunts, uncles, cousins, and my family would go to my grandmother's house. We would eat, reminisce about the good old days, and sing. See I come from a family that loves to sing. My grandfather had the best singing voice do and believed his self to be a cross from Ray Charles and Sam Cooke. We would all sing Christmas songs and have a real good time.

I wanted to share some of my favorite Christmas songs with you. 











One of my early favorites is this Song by Stevie Wonder. It is one of the only Christmas songs I know that are upbeat. You can't help but dance to this song. 








I think this is one of my parent's favorite songs. Since they played it so much it become my favorite as well. 


Luther Vandross had one of the best voices, so it is not a surprise to be on the list. It is sad and romantic song but its lovely. 

























Once you hear Whitney's edition of Do you hear what I hear?, you really don't want to hear any version. 




















Everyone knows All I want for Christmas by Mariah Carey but Joy the World and 

O Holy Night is also wonderful. Mariah Carey sounds beautiful and love the fact choir backs her up makes it really feel like Christmas service at church. 








Temptations Silent Night






This is the number one Christmas song. It is soulful and quite different from the original version. All the songs on this album are good. 



Of course, I could not put all of the songs. Of course, The Jackson 5, Nat King Cole, Darlene Love, Wham, Chuck Berry, James Brown, Eartha Kitt, The Miracles, and so many more are on my list. These are just a few. 


  Tell me some of your favorite family holiday traditions or holiday songs. 


















xoxo 




Lanae Bond