Monday, April 29, 2019

12 Things Only 90s Kids Remember





During the spring and summer, I get nostalgic about the things from my childhood. Maybe because I had the best time during those seasons. 

It was great growing up in the 1990s.  I don’t miss all of the hairstyles from then or the huge computers. But I miss tv shows, games, toys, music, and movies. 

For those who grew up during the 1990s, here are 12 things only 90s kids remember.  


12 of the Things Only 90s Kids Remember 


1. 90s Cartoons 

Cartoons for kids are still a big thing but they’re just not as good as the ones when I was a kid. We had Rugrats, Doug, Recess, and Hey Arnold. Kids these days don't know the Ashleys (Recess), Football Head (Hey Arnold), or Cynthia (Rugrats).









2. 90s Boy Bands

If you understand this meme, you are definitely a 90s kid!

From Pinterest 



Long before Joey Fatone hosted a game show or Donnie Wahlberg played a cop on tv, they were in boy bands. The 90s had the most boy bands and I love every single one. From BackStreet boys to New Edition I loved all of their music. 




I loved the soulful ballads and the synchronized dance moves. All of which seems to be extinct in music. 



3. Lisa Frank 




Lisa Frank: It is the belief that all girls are entitled to dolphins covered with rainbows, jewel-encrusted frogs, and unicorns in acid-trip colors hugging each other. Description from pinterest.com. I searched for this on bing.com/images


From Pinterest 




I remember when just before school started, I  asked my mom to buy Lisa Frank products. Lisa Frank created the most colorful and whimsical school supplies. If you brought Lisa Frank school supplies, you were the envy of your classmates! 

Even though Lisa Frank was a big thing years ago it has made a comeback. People love it so much they are putting her design in their  Nails. Yep, some people still love it that much!




4. Giga Pets 




18 of your favorite toys from the 90s ---- had like every one of these pretty much. damn...

From Pinterest via Buzzfeed 


These little digital pets were so cute and fun. Kids would pick a digital pet to take care of which taught us responsibility without the hassle. 


I actually got a Sabrina the Teenage Witch and had to take care of a cat. I loved that thing so much I took it to school. I think a lot of kids took their Giga Pet to school so much that my school actually banned it! 
Some of these digital pets still exist but they are not popular with the kids now! 




5. Kid's Game Shows 

From Pinterest 


We now dedicate game shows to adults. A lot of these programs are boring or straight up ridiculous. But years ago kids used to have game shows



My favorites were Legends of the Hidden Temple, Gutsand Secrets of the Cryptkeeper. A few of these shows came back in the 2000s but did not garner as much success. However, there is a Legend of the Hidden Temple movie and a board game.









6. CDs








Since Best Buy longer sells CDs, I know CDs are no longer popular! Kids would never know what it is like to have their batteries die in their CD player or the horror of when their CD skips! 




7. Floppy Disks 







Before USB drives people used floppy disks. Floppy disks were what we used to save our files. I still have a few I saved my documents on from years ago. I don’t miss them one bit because they would get stuck in computers! 




8. Disney Channel Orignal Movies 






From Pinterest 



Disney Channel started doing original movies that would air on tv first. One of the most popular ones was like Halloween Town.  There where several made in the late 90s and continued in 2000s.

These shows would make the weekend even more special. The best shows would also come on during summer time. 


10. Are You Afraid of the Dark 










Are You are Afraid of the Dark? Freaky Favorites 

Most kids probably heard about RL Stine or at least seen his Goosebumps movies. But most don’t know about another popular show from the 90s. Are You Afraid of the Dark was not created by Stine but it was a popular horror show for kids. 


The premise of the show was a few kids who had nothing in common but their love of ghost stories. The kids would gather outside at midnight in the woods and take turns telling ghost stories.

As a kid, some of those stories freaked me out. But I still loved watching the show!

11. Glitter Gel Pens 












Glitter gel pens where all the rage for kids in the 90s. I remember using them to do my work. I know it got on some of my teacher’s nerves but I did not care. It added flair to my work and helped me during some boring moments in class. 





12. ABC's TGIF Line Up 









Most know about ABCs TGIT (Thank God It’s Thursday) but few remember TGIF ( Thank God It’s Friday). The TGIF started in 1989, this was the best lineup of shows. These shows, however, were for kids and families. Shows like Boy Meets World and Sabrina the Teenage Witch were popular shows in the 90s that lasted for multiple seasons.  


Conclusion:


I hope this brought back a lot of memories for those who grow up in that era. We grew up in such a great and fun time period that sometimes I wish I could relieve it.


Some of these shows or memorable can still be found online. Here are a few items I was able to find. 



Boy Meets World and Sabrina the Teenage Witch (1990s) are on Hula. There are other 90s shows such as Hanging with Mr. Cooper and Living Single on Hula too. 


Rugrats and Hey Arnold are a few cartoons that are on Hula as well. 

Of course, Youtube and music streaming apps have some of our favorite 90s music. Youtube and Amazon Prime also have some of the Disney Orignal Movies and Shows





This is an affiliate widget in which if you purchase or click any of these items I will earn a small commission. Thank you for your support! 


If you are still feeling nostalgic here are some other 90s things that you find online! 











Feel Free to Pin or Share! 





How many of these things do you remember? What would you add to the list? Let me know in the comment section!